ALA Conference, cont.- Sunday & Monday
I spent most of Sunday, June 29 at the exhibits and then blogging. I only attended the following session:
http://plablog.org/2008/07/who-is-using-your-computers.html
On Monday I also went to just one session and the exhibits. I brought home so much booty, I had to put my dirty clothes in my carry-on luggage!
http://plablog.org/2008/07/collection-management-in-public-libraries.html
After my morning session and lunch, I spent a leisurely afternoon getting all gussied up for the PLA President's Program and Awards Ceremony. (Of course, I wore my Singapore suit and my Hong Kong heels!) Some of you may recall that the only reason why I attended ALA was to receive the award for the article that Barb Salit-Mischel and I wrote that was published last year. We each got a plaque and some money. Stupid me left my camera in my hotel room! Jean Mantegna came early to take my picture for me, but no camera. :-( Fortunately PLA had a professional photographer taking pictures, and I was assured that we'd have access to copies of the photos.
Once the awards were out of the way, Jamie Lee Curtis spoke for the rest of the program, and she was wonderful!
http://plablog.org/2008/07/who-is-using-your-computers.html
On Monday I also went to just one session and the exhibits. I brought home so much booty, I had to put my dirty clothes in my carry-on luggage!
http://plablog.org/2008/07/collection-management-in-public-libraries.html
After my morning session and lunch, I spent a leisurely afternoon getting all gussied up for the PLA President's Program and Awards Ceremony. (Of course, I wore my Singapore suit and my Hong Kong heels!) Some of you may recall that the only reason why I attended ALA was to receive the award for the article that Barb Salit-Mischel and I wrote that was published last year. We each got a plaque and some money. Stupid me left my camera in my hotel room! Jean Mantegna came early to take my picture for me, but no camera. :-( Fortunately PLA had a professional photographer taking pictures, and I was assured that we'd have access to copies of the photos.
Once the awards were out of the way, Jamie Lee Curtis spoke for the rest of the program, and she was wonderful!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home